TIF - Theological Institute of Finland
(STI Suomen teologinen instituutti)
- teaches Theology,
- is engaged in Theological research, including archaeological excavation work,
- is founded on the Bible as the Word of God and on the Confession of the Evangelical Lutheran Church
- supports students of theology in their studies and spiritual life,
- was founded in 1987 by seven organisations of the revival movement and is financed mainly by voluntary contributions.
- The church needs workers who believe in the Bible,
- The education offered by the state administered universities does not lay a reliable foundation for work in the kingdom of God, it might even demolish the faith in the Word of God and in the validity of Christ's atonement
- There is a need for an alternative tuition, founded on the Bible and the confession of the church
To this end TIF
- Employes a small staff
- Arranges lectures, seminars and courses, often with outside lecturers,
- Offers students opportunities for archaeological field work in Israel,
- Maintains a library at the disposal of students of theology,
- Publishes theological periodicals,
- Offers students of theology in Helsinki a spiritual oasis.
TIF has connections to institutions in other countries:
- Johannelunds Teologiska Institut
- Foersamlingsfakulteten, Gothenburg
- Norway: Det Teologiska Menighetsfakultetet
- Dansk Bibel-Institut
- Freie Theologische Akademie
Click HERE for LINKS to most of the institutions above.
- Address: STI, Kaisaniemenkatu 13 A, 00100 Helsinki, Finland.
- Phone: 358 9 668 9550, fax: 358 9 6689 5555
- Bank: PSP 800011-564245